The Surge
New game out soon - been reading that it's a Dark Souls level of difficulty future set game involving decapitations and body harvesting. Same developer as Lords of the Fallen. Colour me intrigued!
I didn't really like Lords of the Fallen, so wouldn't pay for it, but if I can bag a review copy I'd give it a chance.
(03-19-2017, 08:04 PM)Slam Shot Sam Wrote: I didn't really like Lords of the Fallen, so wouldn't pay for it, but if I can bag a review copy I'd give it a chance.

Review copy arrived this morning. Under embargo for about two weeks, but expect a review on release day (Tuesday 16 May).
This one looks quite interesting so I'll be looking forward to your review Sam.
[Image: crippy%20d.jpg]
I got a good deal with Amazon so have preordered. Am ever the optimist...
Here's a behind-the-scenes video looking at some of the game's mechanics. I thought it seemed a bit generic at first, but watching this piqued my interest.
Fairly decent scores for this, mainly around the 8/10 mark. Does sound damned hard!
It's hard at first, but once you've got to grips with the customisation and built yourself a decent loadout it becomes very manageable (or did for me, at least). I agree with that score, as you'll see when I post the review a little later.
The Surge review
Cool. My order turned up today but wont get to play until the weekend, whilst my nephew continues with Lego City Undercover instead of this more visceral combat!