Least favourite achievements/trophies
I wrote a thing on the achievements I hate the most so I ask you, what's your least favourite achievements/trophies and why?
[Image: MQE3xPD.png]
Collecting flags or other laborious objects that dont progress gameplay. Crackdown I get because you need them, but most other games they're just a nuisance and boring, and lazy development really.

Any multiplayer ones too, they encourage farming and or are stupid to acquire, like getting 12 prestiges or whatever in gears, titsfall or cod.
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!

https://mitchdavisblog.wordpress.com/
Least favourite is easy - having to play 50hours (yes HOURS) of Fifa 09 for 1 gamerscore!!! All that just to get a gamerscore divisible by 5 after scoring in the 89th minute (19 gamerscore)

Normally I don't care too much about achievements - not enough to actively pursue every single one. If they crop up in a way I don't mind (complete some 'challenge' during a level I would play anyway) I will try and go for them but I wouldn't play something I have NO interest in (like some MP achievements in an awful and tacked on MP) and actively avoid achievements if they are NOT divisible by 5...
A Pessimist is just an Optimist with experience!

[Image: 1026704.png]
Time wasting collectable ones for me, just like Bezza.

I have all the achievements you mentioned in the piece apart from the free-to-play game (wouldn't touch that with a barge pole) and the achievements for Watchmen 2 (why would you buy a second one after the abysmal original?).
(06-29-2016, 07:10 PM)Slam Shot Sam Wrote: Time wasting collectable ones for me, just like Bezza.

I have all the achievements you mentioned in the piece apart from the free-to-play game (wouldn't touch that with a barge pole) and the achievements for Watchmen 2 (why would you buy a second one after the abysmal original?).

I bought the retail version of Watchmen that had both parts... Is what I would say if that had been the case. I have no idea why I thought the second one would be an improvement. Again though, I regularly eat out of date food. I'm just no good at being a person.

Can't say I'm a fan of pointlessly collecting things. Crackdown and Saints Row 4 both handled it well by having it so you need to collect things to power up. I don't think collecting all of them was necessary though. I know it wasn't in Crackdown because you could gain agility by killing enemies from above.

That Fifa nonsense is terrible. No game should have achievements like that. Especially if one is difficult to unlock and the other is difficult to avoid.

Also agreed on any multiplayer achievements. It just encourages people to boost them in underhanded ways.
[Image: MQE3xPD.png]
Think I must be the only one that doesn't care if my score ends in something other than a 5 or a 0 (currently ends in 7 or 2).
I remember there being a 30x experience on gear 2, and I still didnt get to level 100 ?

I played non-stop during that event to polish off the achievements and get 100%.
I got to lvl 50 on horde on my own alot thanks to tickers...

All this talk of Watchmen makes me want to rewatch the movie now.

I'd CSI: Hard Evidence's achievements are shit but that game was just bollocks in general so I'd say it doesn't count.

Collectable achievements in general are annoying but they're really just filler kind of achievements so I can't really hate them.

The achievement "Ultimate Spiderman" in Amazong Spiderman 2 is probably my worst. It requires you to reach maximum level in suits in the game. There are 12 suits with each having 10 levels. This requires hundreds of repeats of the same 4 or 5 side quests with the same stupid cutscenes and the same stupid Spiderman quips(The game had a 16 PEGI rating so the writers really missed some opportunities here to tell Kraven to fuck off). I played the game of 360 and One so I went through that stuff twice. TASM 1 was a good game and the achievements for that were never as bad. I actually enjoyed the game until I got to the point of achievement hunting, reviewers hated the game but I liked the swinging and alright combat. I'd say an achievement that degrades any perceived good qualities of a game into a repetitive buggy grind like that achievement did has to be awarded some kind of medal.