PS4 Pro
Rumors are surfacing of a PS4.5 with uprated specs with the ability of full 4k gaming. Aapparently it has been "confirmed" by multiple game studios devs saying that they are developing for it.
I'd buy it.
I'll have your old ps4 Wink
There's been some things said about this over the Easter holidays.
[Image: MQE3xPD.png]
I would bet my last penny that it means 4k media ready and not 4k games. A console style box capable of playing ps4 games at 4k would cost well over £1000 and wouldn't be possible. Even bumping up current games from 30fps to 60fps would be astronomically expensive and would raise the console to approx. £1000. I hope I am wrong, but then again I never switch my PS4 on, so im not really fussed either way. Heres hoping I am wrong!
That pretty much echoes the thoughts of the folks over at Digital Foundry. They went onto a lot of detail about what would be possible and it seems very unlikely to be that much of a leap forward.

It's good news for those stream a lot of films/tv shows though.
Is this similar to Xbox thinking about adding hardware too? Im getting the feeling the xbox one will turn into a PC full stop soon, with the base model being minimum specs, and future games allowing for increased resolution/framerates based on your upgrades?

Or maybe I'm just wildly speculating. Maybe PS4.5 is just to allow for extra VR functionality, I thought Xbox One was 4k media capable already? Surely PS4 will be too.
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!

https://mitchdavisblog.wordpress.com/
Apparently The One is 4K media capable. But the fella who said that also said it could play games at 4K as there's no restrictions. I find that a little hard to believe, it struggles with 1080p last I heard.

I hope consoles don't go the way of PCs, with new updates thingies to buy all the time.
Maybe that could happen in the future, but I'd be after a much cheaper minimum spec model if I was going to end up having to upgrade it.
Looking for a thread about a game? click here

[Image: MakkaMan27.png]
Some more information regarding this broke today, with a few fresh Xbox 1.5 rumours thrown into the mix.