Science and science-y things
I love anything to do with space. There was a show on channel 4 all about the ISS called Live From Space which was amazing. It's worth looking up if you're interested in that kind of thing and you happened to miss it.

Anyway, a friend posted this on Facebook - http://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/...et-in-2024

They are hoping to send six groups of four people to live on Mars. Some of my friends see it as the chance of a lifetime, whilst others see it as a suicide mission. If I didn't have loved ones to miss (and I was fit and healthy) I would go for it.

Many of those who were around to see the first person walk on the moon could see people living on Mars. However you feel about it, it's fascinating stuff.
[Image: MQE3xPD.png]
I also love space ^_^

I am not ashamed to admit if I'm not on my One in the evening, I'm probably outside wrapped in six layers of clothing, with a massive cup of tea and my telescope. One of my favourite stories this week was the Hubble Scope finding a smiley face...

http://www.iflscience.com/space/smiley-f...ted-hubble
Xbox - captainhetty Friend Code 4141-6343-5085
PSN - captain_hetty Twitter - @PootPlaysGames
Instagram - emily_pootle

LOL.That smiley is awesome.

My missus is another fan of standing in the freezing cold night air whilst staring through her telescope. I've looked at the moon craters and seen the rings of saturn (which is impressive to see first hand), but after a few minutes I am soon back on the sofa, capitalising on the availability of the TV to play some XB1.
You don't stop gaming because you get old. You get old because you stop gaming.

GT=Captain Chao5
[Image: Captain+Chao5.png]
I also love space, largely because nobody can hear you scream and disposal of the bodies is as easy as opening an airlock.

I find it fascinating how scientists use creative ways to study things that should effectively be impossible to study. Such as the Earth's core.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-31322817
[Image: 526014e4e832797f.png]

Every time Rei smiles God kills a kitten.
That galaxy is mint! I want to be an astronaut when I grow up haha.

"He added that other studies suggest that the Earth's magnetic field may have undergone a change about half a billion years ago, switching between the equatorial axes and the polar axis."

So it would have been east-west rather than north-south? If that happened again it could mess with animals/insects that navigate using earth's magnetic field.
I've been following Mars One as well, Crisco. I'm hoping it goes well. My science of choice is Physics, will hopefully be starting a Master's Degree in October. Not sure which aspect I like best though. Maybe tech development or nuclear physics.
Looking for a thread about a game? click here

[Image: MakkaMan27.png]
(02-10-2015, 02:56 PM)Max Wrote: I've been following Mars One as well, Crisco. I'm hoping it goes well. My science of choice is Physics, will hopefully be starting a Master's Degree in October. Not sure which aspect I like best though. Maybe tech development or nuclear physics.

Nice! Physics is my thing too but I don't have any qualifications or owt, I just read a lot of books. I enjoy the parts I understand though.

I want to teach physics at uni or college but I first have to study chemistry, of which I know very little, and maths.

Nuclear physics sounds good. I recently read about the Chernobyl power plant, how it worked and what lead to the explosion.

Best of luck with your degree, man.
This should amuse my science loving friends.

When I've got my (kind of) sensible, mature head on, I frequent another forum site. I know, shocking. Anyway, the other day, this happened....

The Great MN Dino Debate

She was genuinely nuts. She actually owns a FB group called 'Christians Against Dinosaurs'. As someone who did a degree in environmental science with a heavy focus on geology and paleontology, it was the funniest and most infuriating thing I've read in ages...
Xbox - captainhetty Friend Code 4141-6343-5085
PSN - captain_hetty Twitter - @PootPlaysGames
Instagram - emily_pootle

[Image: raptor_jesus_by_furika-d37bfb2.jpg]

How does she explain this then?
[Image: 526014e4e832797f.png]

Every time Rei smiles God kills a kitten.
Hahaha! I lost it at "their total lack of family values".

I heard they had terrible personal hygiene too.