Backwards compatibility
What did everyone think of the backwards compatibility announcement? I'm ecstatic that I'll be able to get rid of my 360 and with it the problems brought about by having two Xbox consoles on my network. It'll also be good to both revisit some old favourites and play my sizeable backlog of untouched 360 games in a more convenient manner, with a better controller and added features.

You can vote for what games you want to see brought over here, I've voted for all of my games, but if you have a particular preference let us know and we can help the votes for that game along. Wink
Yeah it's cool - I mean I doubt I'd play the old stuff that much but having Red Dead Redemption available would be awesome, as would MGS HD - just need to be approved really don't they?

Mass Effect trilogy is interesting, as I'd much rather play a better running version of it. Be interesting to directly compare how games run though and how much of it is just nostalgia from barely two years ago.

Halo Reach being available would scratch the itch of it not being in the mcc too. Yet.

The updated version of GTA san andreas would be cool too.

Does anybody have the preview program? Can they invite me? Pretty please?
...and if you tell that to the kids of today, they wont believe you!

https://mitchdavisblog.wordpress.com/
I have it, but don't know how to invite you?

I already have Mass Effect, Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise & Battleblock Theatre installed, just not had chance to try any of them.
Does anyone know much about how save files and achievements will work? I'm guessing it won't treat it as a new game on your profile so you won't get achievements again.
(06-17-2015, 02:14 PM)Slam Shot Sam Wrote: I have it, but don't know how to invite you?

I already have Mass Effect, Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise & Battleblock Theatre installed, just not had chance to try any of them.

If you go on the 'Xbox Preview' app, there should be a 'invite friends' bit - I saw it 28 seconds in at on this video

(06-17-2015, 02:20 PM)Itchy Rash Wrote: Does anyone know much about how save files and achievements will work? I'm guessing it won't treat it as a new game on your profile so you won't get achievements again.

Save files are cloud based - so in theory, any saving you did in the cloud on 360 is automatically available - I'm not sure whether I saved anything in the cloud or what on 360 but I don't mind too much.

Achievements work the same, as I understand it, the 360 is somehow emulated on the one - its exactly the same, the guide, notifications are all 360 style, your cheevos are the same and unlock normally too - the game runs exactly as it would on 360, the only reason the list is limited is due to devs not approving things yet.

Fallout 3 is free with FO4, RB6 Vegas 1 and 2 are free with Seige, there could be some more deals too, but basically the list should have everything at some point.

What is interesting is how they tackle the store... would you have access to buying games etc on the one? Otherwise it's all done on xbox.com to buy stuff, get GwG etc.

I'll invite you later.

Xbox One won't have 360 games on the store, they have to be bought from the 360 itself or xbox.com and then download from the My Games & Apps section on the One.
Does all the DLC carry over as well?
Looking for a thread about a game? click here

[Image: MakkaMan27.png]
I like the fact that my digital library should soon appear on my One then. I'm assuming arcade games are included but how are published of Limbo and Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons going to approach it if it means users could avoid buying their xbox one offerings.

I'm also assuming I can save my xbox 360 saves onto an external drive and then plug into my xbox one or is it ONLY cloud saves?
I'd assume only cloud saves, as you have to reformat your usb stick to work on 360, the one would unlikely recognise it.

As for arcade games I'd assume the devs/pubs would decline the approval of remastered games to focus on more sales, however perfect dark is confirmed, as well as some others in that video - perfect dark also being available in the rare replay collection, as well as Gears 1 being confirmed as backwards compatible, yet getting a remaster? It's complicated.