The Halo Thread
When it comes to xbox you have to accept that Halo is on of it's biggest franchises,(Sorry Cunning), and we will inevitably end up talking about it.

So we may as well have a Halo hub thread, to discuss the probably numerous number of games in the series coming in the next few years.

I for one enjoyed the 5 beta, and am looking foward to the full release. Still unsure as to how well the campaign will go (given how little we still know)
It will be interesting to see if Halo 5 is any more accessible than Halo 4 was. I know you've complained that you needed to read 2 book trilogies to understand what's going on (always a bad move in my opinion) but with the Nightfall TV series setting up a major new character are they repeating the same mistake with 5?
So how long to get 12,000 posts on this forum?
5 Beta was good, lot more fast-paced that previous versions. That said, some people didn't like it so the option to not sprint so fast is now gonna be available in the main game. Seems a bit odd you would want to move SLOWER than your opponents no?
[Image: EvilDeadv1.png]

"I've got better things to do tonight than die!" - Springer
I thought the sprinting system was good in the 5 beta. No shield recharge until you've stopped sprinting for a while.
I really liked the beta in general, but I think Breakout would have been better if everyone had normal health and shields, but keep the one life.
Remember Halo 4 also had the series Forward Unto Dawn, to introduce us to Thomas Lasky. Without it, when he says "never thought I'd see you again" you'd just be like, "wut?"
Anyway I think most of the books are fairly enjoyable and to be honest are not completely essential for Halo 4. They do give a good amount of extra background which I would recommend if you're a fan of the game though.
Looking for a thread about a game? click here

[Image: MakkaMan27.png]
5 Beta was good, I thought considering it is about 10/11 months before the game ships it was surprisingly well polished and personally only a few small tweaks were needed.
Good news everyone! It finally seems to be possible to get a match on Halo MCC, whichever playlist you decide to choose. Me, Plasma and Timmeh successfully played some multiplayer in the BTB, CE, 2A, and 3 playlists, without having to wait too long at all.

In other news

Reading the Karen Traviss Halo books has made Spartans sound so much more badass than it really feels like to play as them. They weigh about 300kg but can also run at 60km/hr. Freaking juggernauts. Though from the Halo 5 beta I think we could finally getting the super soldiers that they are made out to be.

Sorry I didn't stay longer, so very tired. Definitely up for more madness in the coming days and weeks when I'm around though so hit me up.
Decent Jam

Editor
Pass the Controller
GT: Decent Jam
(02-21-2015, 08:06 AM)Max Wrote: In other news

Reading the Karen Traviss Halo books has made Spartans sound so much more badass than it really feels like to play as them. They weigh about 300kg but can also run at 60km/hr. Freaking juggernauts. Though from the Halo 5 beta I think we could finally getting the super soldiers that they are made out to be.

Ha yeah the expanded universe makes them so much more powerful, yet you boot the game up on legendary or heroic and you die easier than your normal teamates.

I think there's underwater bits in the first Halo novel, whereas in game that's instant death xD
I feel like that would be quite an interesting mechanic to add to a future game. Not in a crappy CoD Ghosts way...obviously.
Decent Jam

Editor
Pass the Controller
GT: Decent Jam
I think to be fair, it is still 300kg of Spartan. To be able to float and then swim the armour would need to be heavily modified to firstly increase its buoyancy, and secondly to add some form of propulsion for when in water.