Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Dark Souls
Mainly selfish reasons as I'm about 80hrs in and still quite far from the end. I have the big soul dish thing and can warp between bonfires. I made this so you guys can throw me help and advice on weapons.
I'm at level 80 with plus 40 stamina and strength, plus 22 on health and plus 18 on dex (so I can use the big knight sword, which I do and is plus 5). At the moment I'm milling about in the hollow to get some collectables and after that I'll move the story on. The last boss I beat was ornstein and smaugh, which I used the summon as I kept getting smashed by the big guy.
[Image: crippy%20d.jpg]
I've decided that I will get this although I have the 360 version and haven't managed to start it yet as I'm still trying to finish off the first.
Was there a need for two separate threads for these? I'm not against people starting new threads by any means, but wouldn't the discussions complement each other?
Decent Jam

Editor
Pass the Controller
GT: Decent Jam
Up to you, merge them or delete the other one.
I made specific ones so that the help/tips for the first don't get lost in the more current game.
Et voila, we're now merged. Probably only me and you talking about it for now Crippy in any case!

Awesome that you beat Ornstein and shitface - they're one of the toughest bosses in the game!! Smile
I would say they were one of the easier ones, as if I had more patience I would have beaten them on my own. I could get the skinny guy done in about 10 hits (I think) but I kept rushing in to get the big guy and getting hit by his charge attack. I got him down to about one or two hits left and then he jumped up and sat on me!
You've obviously become a badass through practice! Wink

Not just my observation that they're tough, it's a common thing amongst most gamers that they're up there as bastard and friend!! It's usually not too tough to kill one of them, but it's when they absorb the others power it becomes a royal pain in the nutsack. The big problem is going for cheevos on NG+, you have to kill them the other way around! Smile

That fight actually was the one where i learned that blocking isn't always a good thing. Dual wielding and avoiding was my go-to tactic for them - but then that's only one way to skin them! A lot of the other bosses you have left are pretty trivial. Apart from one. Which is a shit. A serious shit. Although i believe strength builds such as yours find him much easier - i was a magic build and he's magic resistant! Smile
I seriously doubt that I'll have the gaming time to do this on plus as I think I've been on this about a year and a half!
Yeah if you've been playing that long a change is a good thing i reckon! Smile

I only used the NG+ for achievements and because there was stuff i knew i'd missed, depends how arsed about that stuff you are. The fact you've persevered that long is indeed impressive though dude, loads would've given up, glad you're sticking with it!

Bed time for me now, never even got as far as the title screen with 2. Rubbish… Undecided

The weather is strangely shit over here for the next few days however so should give me plenty of scope for a death or two!!
I'm sort of bothered about stuff and I've read that it's quicker to do subsequent replays and also I'll be a bit gutted about the cheevos but after I'm done I think it's time to move on to something else in my backlog or DS2 on the One. Sleep well Syd, you're a hero for being up in the middle of the night, I'd have given up hours ago!